Whenever you try to create a new account you need to think of a strong combination of characters to help secure your account. It’s difficult to come up with something new for every account, but this is where specialized applications like SecurePassG come in handy, generating random, powerful strings at the press of a button.
Can be used on the go
Note that the application only works on machines which already have Java Runtime Environment installed, so you need to be sure your PC is fitted with it as well. On the other hand, SecurePassG saves you the effort of getting it installed, and can just as well fit on a thumb drive in case you want to use it on other computers.
The visual design is nothing more than a clean window fitted with several controls. There’s a dedicated output field which shows the generated password you create by hitting the trigger button. You’re free to modify characters, add your own, and even send the key to clipboard in case you want to use it on the spot.
Leaves more to be desired
Unfortunately, the application uses multiple character settings which include both lower and upper case letters, numbers, as well as symbols. Sadly, you’re not able to select specific sets, or manually write down the characters to use. Moreover, the length is also determined at random, with no adjustment field.
One method of saving passwords is to have it manually copied to clipboard. Note that the previous code is discarded every time a new one is generated. On the other hand, a TXT file can be saved, but it only contains the last generated item, and it would have been useful to see a range generator in this regard.
Taking everything into consideration, we can state that SecurePassG is a straightforward tool you can use to create random text strings to use with new accounts as passwords. However, it’s pretty rough around the edges overall, with no control over the characters to use, or the length of the string.
Password Generator allows you to create random and unique passwords.
The password generator generates a password based on a word list.
It comes with a built in word list.
It allows you to define the number of characters and the length of the password.
You can define the type of characters and the case of the password.
It can be used both offline and online.
Can save passwords to disk as a plain text file.
It comes with a textbox to paste the password into.
It has a tray icon that allows you to easily access the application.
How SecurePassG Works:
Create a password by clicking on the “Create Password” button.
It generates a password based on a word list.
It will show the generated password.
You can change the length of the password.
You can change the character types.
You can change the case of the password.
You can save the password to disk.
You can copy the password to clipboard.
The password you saved to disk is generated every time you generate a new password.
You can generate a password based on more than one word list.
Just how to Install SecurePassG:
Launch the setup file that is included in the compressed download package.
Click “Install” to complete the installation process.
Do you have any questions, feedback or any other problems?
Let us know via the comments section below.
Rent-a-Matic is an accounting system designed to help small businesses track, manage and get the most out of their rent
Windows 9 is trying to bring some of the best features from Windows Phone to Windows, and if you ask us, it’s a winner.
Whether it’s the streamlined camera interface, live tiles or Microsoft Edge, Windows 9 seems to have found a good balance between the best features of the desktop and mobile platform.
But some of these features are only used in certain scenarios.
A lot of the tweaks that come with the latest version of Windows are focused on making your life easier. But how useful are they really? And how can you make the most of them?
In this article, we’ll be looking at some of the new features that are available in the latest version of Windows. From the all-new Cortana digital assistant to the new UI – we’ll take a look at all the changes and highlight what they do.
1. Random Access for wordlists
2. Protect password from email theft
3. Protect password from website stealing
4. Protect password from keylogger
5. Only one instance per running process
6. Unlimited text size
7. Highly customizable keyboard layout
8. Continuous mode
9. Option to turn on/off auto save (when open)
10. Continuous scan (scan every 5 seconds)
11. Save to file
12. If application is closed without saving the password, it is saved automatically
13. Faster scan (first of all it creates wordlist, then scan)
14. Scans every X seconds (can be changed)
15. Save dictionary (used when creating/saving new passwords)
16. Automatically scan in background (and can be turned off)
17. Automatically restart (can be turned off)
18. Automatically lock (can be turned off)
19. No password mode (only if auto lock is off)
20. Password lock (only when auto lock is on)
21. Maximum password length (12 characters max, no digits and no upper case letters)
22. User can change password
23. Password format: (numbers, special chars, lower/upper case letters, lower/upper case letters with numbers and special chars)
24. Enforce password length
25. Max password length for auto save (12 characters max, no digits and no upper case letters)
26. Max password size (letters and numbers only)
27. Number of auto save (can be changed)
28. Every password saves to a file (can be changed)
29. Choose the file to save the password to (default: /root/.ssh/keymacro.txt)
30. Save the password in a TXT file (can be changed)
31. If an application is closed without saving the password, it is saved automatically
32. Automatic scan mode (can be turned on/off)
33. Can use a specific settings file (used if first settings are not enough for a good password generator)
34. User can edit the settings file
35. Default settings can be overridden with user settings file
36. Password generator (useable for a text editor)
37. Password generator can show the password in the editor (without writing the password to the editor)
38. Password generator can show the password in the terminal (without writing the password to the terminal)
In the case of high security applications, the primary goal is to create a password which is impossible to crack, or discover, and therefore one of the greatest methods of doing so is generating random strings.
Have you tried to come up with a good one? Well, if not, you should definitely try with SecurePassG. The great thing is that you’re able to create a password with as little as 2 letters, which could help you secure an account with a new computer. On top of that, the application uses the latest in cryptography technology to guarantee protection against any kind of hacker. The only drawback is that the program is only available for the Windows operating system.
5 – Meet CloverDrive
CloverDrive is an application that aims to make hard drives less clunky, and allow users to perform their daily tasks with more ease. It contains a wide range of functions which have been added to the already established main functions included in the PC.
CloverDrive is the standalone app which means that users do not need to install any other software to work with it, and it can even run from a USB drive to avoid having to download it to the main system’s hard drive. The great thing is that CloverDrive can be used on both Windows and Mac computers, and the interface is designed to work on both operating systems.
The first thing you’ll need to do is plug in a USB drive to your computer, and start up the application. A pop up window will be displayed asking you to select the drive from which you want to take back up. This is followed by an “open” button, where you can tell the application which folders you want to include in the backup.
After that, you’ll be asked to select the drive, and then whether you want to back up the files automatically, or at user’s request. The application offers a fairly detailed set of options, including details on the amount of space needed to store the backup, as well as the size of the backup itself.
Once you are happy with the set of parameters, you’ll need to click on the “Start backup” button. In this case, you’ll see the files in the backup listed in a grid. You can then either add folders to the list, or remove them. The final step is to select the volume or drive from which you want to make the backup, and hit the “OK” button
Lightweight program to switch between the primary and secondary monitor on an Apple laptop. Features: – Switch to the primary monitor (ex: an external monitor) – Switch to the secondary monitor (ex: the built-in monitor) – Switch to the ‘full screen mode’ of the primary monitor (ex: if you’re trying to watch a video or something on your laptop, then switch to the full screen mode of the external monitor) – Toggle the ‘Show all applications’ menu (ex: hide all minimized apps, etc…) – Double click on any of the rows to launch the app.
The ideal program for switching between the primary and secondary monitor on your Apple laptop. Switching between both displays can be tricky to manage, especially if you use two or more of them. LightSwitch allows you to easily switch between your displays and toggle all the different aspects of them.
– Switch to the primary monitor (ex: an external monitor) – Switch to the secondary monitor (ex: the built-in monitor) – Switch to the ‘full screen mode’ of the primary monitor (ex: if you’re trying to watch a video or something on your laptop, then switch to the full screen mode of the external monitor) – Toggle the ‘Show all applications’ menu (ex: hide all minimized apps, etc…) – Double click on any of the rows to launch the app.
Leawo Blu-ray Ripper is a powerful Blu-ray to HD DVD Ripper and BD-J Blu-ray Player. Leawo Blu-ray Ripper can extract all video files like HD AVI, MKV, MPEG, MOV, ASF, MP4, and more, and convert them into other video and audio formats, including HD AVI, MKV, MPG, MP4, 3GP, WMV, MOV, ASF, WMA, etc. Besides, it supports Blu-ray Backup and Blu-ray ripping. More Blu-ray Ripper tips and tricks are in the help file.
Leawo Blu-ray Ripper provides three different Blu-ray players: – BD-J Blu-ray player – Blu-ray Player – Blu-ray backup software Leawo Blu-ray Ripper has four convenient video formats to save your converted videos: – AVI – 3GP – MOV – MP4 – Three quality settings to choose from: – High Quality – Good Quality – Normal Quality – Fastest Quality
Leawo Blu-ray Ripper can convert multiple files simultaneously. You can rip and convert multiple Blu-ray discs at one time. It can also convert Blu-ray discs to other formats at one time.
Some of the supported Blu-ray movie clips: – Bakuman (2005, Japanese) – Assassination Games (2006, Japanese) – Early Man (2005, American) – In the Valley of Elah
* Minimum: Intel i5-3570, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5800 or Nvidia Geforce GTX 460
* Recommended: Intel i5-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5800 or Nvidia Geforce GTX 460
* Recommended: Intel